Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day


My daughters and I have been busy making sugar cookies for all of our Valentines!  We do have a lot of them, as my oldest has been asking everyone to be her Valentine!  The more the merrier right?


It has become a fun tradition at our home to make sugar cookies for every holiday! Whenever I tell my girls it is cookie time they get so excited.  I have looked for a long time for a good sugar cookie recipe, and wouldn't you know my mom had the perfect one!


Here is the recipe for you too!




Sugar Cookies
3/4 c shortening
1/4 c butter
1 c sugar
2 eggs
2t vanilla
3 c flour
1 t salt
1 t baking powder
beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and butter together
in a separate bowl add flour, salt, baking soda, and cut in  shortening until fine crumbs.  add to sugar mixture and mix together.
Refrigerate for 1 hour, roll out dough and cut out cookies
Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes

and what is a cookie without frosting?

Butter Cream Frosting

6 c shortening
3/4 c butter softened
1/4 c shortening
6 to 8 Tablespoons milk
1 t vanilla
Mix together and add coloring if desired

xoxoxo

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...