Monday, August 26, 2013

Stripes, Stripes, Stripes!!

My neighbor/friend contacted me asking if I could find and refinish a dresser for her daughter, "OF COURSE I CAN!!" 

 I found this fun dresser, no it didn't look like this when I found it, it was all wood and needed some work.  Once I got it home I had my friend come look at it, I probably overwhelmed her with ideas, my brain was going crazy with all the things we would do, ombre, stripes, 2 tones.....etc etc etc!

  She said she would think about it, and I thought, "dang it, she is going to want it all white."  Not that all white is a bad thing, and this dresser has enough details all white would look just fine. 
You can imagine how excited I was when she text me asking for the Dresser to be all white with Pink and Gray stripes!  Yes I know all white is easier but not nearly as fun!  







I had these Vintage Style Glass knobs in my garage I had bought awhile back, I love how they look with the stripes!


Want straight Paint lines?  I have a Tutorial here


I painted the entire Dresser with Benjamin Moore's White Dove.  The Pink is Mirage Gray by Pratt and Lamber and the Gray is a color I mixed up (sorry)  After it was all painted I sanded it a bit and glazed it.  The top coat is Miniwaxes Poly Acrylic in Satin.  
I like distressed furniture for kids, my kids are so hard on furniture and always manage to chip or ding my hard work!  When it is distressed to begin with it looks like it is supposed to be that way!


Happy Monday Everyone!

TTFN

Brooke

Linking Here
Domestically Speaking
7 ALive
I Gotta Create
Emmy Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...