Wednesday, October 2, 2013

French Desk



I just finished this beautiful desk.  I am sure you painters out there can relate when I say I love how this turned out.  There seem to be a few peices I am so pleased with and this is one of them.  I can't even put my finger on it, I just LOVE it!!





I am always a sucker for french legs, when we found this piece at a flea market I bought it even thought it was broken! 

This was a custom job for a friend of mine.  I am always excited when my clients chose a color I wouldn't always chose myself.  It pushes me out of my comfort zone and makes me experiment!


My friend's husband actually chose this color (impressive), they wanted a burlap color, and decided on a color that was slightly darker than burlap ( Creme Liqueur by Pratt and Lambert)  I used a dark brown glaze to really accent all the fun details and lines on this piece.  


  The desk was a little naked until I found this beautiful wood appliqué.  It is the perfect amount of detail and elegance.


I spray painted the existing hardware with Rustoleum's Metallic Oil Rubbed Bronze.



 This desk came together so well, I love the elegance of it!

TTFN

Brooke

Thursday:

Friday
Miss Mustard Seed


5 comments:

  1. i love the masculine colors with the feminine curves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am new to the party and a new follower. Thanks for hosting! Love your furniture projects! Hope you will stop by and visit my blog sometime!
    Amber @junkaholicsunanimous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous. Flawless, perfect! Thank you so much for sharing at Redoux. Featuring today, party starts at 2:00 PST.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...