Monday, July 20, 2015

Milk Paint Hutch

When I picked this hutch up from a garage sale I was a little worried about what was living in it.  It was caked with spider webs and years of dust, but details like that just can't be passed up!


And I am so glad I brought this beauty home.  Look how nice she cleaned up.


 I spray most of my furniture with a professional paint sprayer, but my spray booth only has 6 foot ceiling, so this monster of a piece wouldn't fit.  
I used General Finishes Seagull Grey Milk Paint.  I like to hand paint with milk paint, the brush stokes are minimal and it sands to a smooth easier than latex.  

I used General Finishes Antique While on the details to really make them pop.




I don't usually love water based top coats, as I don't think they are as durable.  However, the lady at the store talked me into General Finishes Polyurethane Water Based Top Coat......and I am converted!  It paints on so nicely leaving minimal brush marks and my children even put it to test by rubbing their sticky popsicle covered hands all over it, and to my surprise it wiped up so nicely!  The popsicle juice bubbled up nicely on the top and didn't sink into the paint at all.  Leave it to my children to test something out for us!







This beautiful piece is FOR SALE!
Asking $695
Please email me at brooke.n.larsen@gmail.com with any questions!

TTFN

Brooke

You can follow me here:
 photo instagram_zps88445fe4.png  photo fb_zps5d3a02b1.png  photo twitter_zpsb5c638e9.png  photo pinterest_zps0cdb4597.png

Linking here








9 comments:

  1. Brooke! It's amazing! The lines on this one are so interesting! I would have a hard time parting with it. It would look amazing in your house! Please, feel free to share this at Make it Pretty Monday which is live. Here's the link to this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-144.html Hope to see you! Have a lovely week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely transformation. The techniques and paint you used really do make all those details pop. I'm about to take on a project of painting a large hutch and it's great to find tips. I spotted this on Something To Talk About.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke, this is so beautiful! I love the colors you chose because it really makes the details stand out. Wow, stunning. I've never used GF milk paint before but you always make it look so good I can't wait to try it now. Hope you're having and awesome day, Coco

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pieces with all those details. You gave it a gorgeous makeover Brooke and I'll definitely be trying the GF Top Coat. Good luck on the sale of this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This is gorgeous!!! You amaze me with your skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! I haven't tried Seagull Grey yet, but will now have to add it to my list. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Milk paint is the one paint I haven't used yet. I think I should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I haven't had the courage to tackle a hutch yet, they just seem so big and intimidating. But I am just in love with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This looks so fabulous! Pinned and tweeted. Please join us tonight at 7 pm, and party with us. I can't wait to see your new masterpieces or amazing classics! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...