Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Old Door Turned Shelf

I am just loving all this repurposing these days.  I think it is becoming a problem, every time I get a new piece or find something new, instead of thinking what color should I paint it I start brainstorming what I can turn it into.  
Who would guess this used to be an old door?  


This isn't the best tutorial, but if you are good with power tools I think you can figure it out!

You need to make sure your door is solid wood or this will not work.


We used a skill saw to cut each of these panels apart



Once they were all cut apart we added crown molding to the top and a piece of wood on the bottom (not pictured here) to finish off 


Once we had it all put together I used putty to fill the nail holes and caulked all the cracks so it would paint up nice and smooth.  Once it was painted with Valspars Peach Fuzz I added this pretty wood appliqué and added old door knobs for hooks!  


Brooke

You can follow me here:





3 comments:

  1. Excellent idea for repurposing an old door - love it! Peach Fuzz - what a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative and pretty. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this! You are so talented. Thanks for sharing this at our party. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm, so we get to party with you again! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...